CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Bridal Circuit

For those who have not yet had the pleasure of joining/viewing this group, it consists of every type of bride possible - the Bridezilla, the Submissive Bride (and by this, I mean the bend-over-and-let-everyone-else-decide-your-day type of person), the Type A Uber Organized Bride and the Indifferent Bride. Dana, God bless her amazing Maid of Honor soul, drove down from Manassas to attend the first of many bridal shows to come. Together, we stepped into the world of this unusual, yet somehow off-putting, group of individuals.

I like to consider myself as falling in the Type A organized group of brides. After all, I have been extremely Type A my whole life (hello.. Virgo!). Even upon visiting the first potential reception venue, I had a 2 1/2 page list of questions for the coordinator. Organization will be my true best friend over the next 15 months. I am trying my hardest to get things done in as timely a manner as possible. The ungodly amount of choices make this task far from easy. There's an endless amount of entertainment options, cake options, favor options, invitation options, photographer options, videographer options, song options.. You get my point.

That being said, a bride's true colors will inevitably show when faced with any of the above options. I can't even count how many times I could hear the "But they won't take pictures how I want them to" or the endless whines of "That cake is absolutely disgusting. I would never have that at my wedding." It's pretty incredible how bitchy a woman becomes in the event of a wedding. Amazing..

Of course, I now have a greater respect for the mothers of the bride, the maids of honor and the bridesmaids that have to deal with the bullshit that brides can put out. God willing, my type A personality will allow me time to keep the stress (and the Bridezilla) under control.

0 comments: