CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Pursuit

For approximately 2 months now, I have been training with the goal of eventually competing in a fitness/figure competition. Granted, it's a long way off, but so far I am impressed with my results. While I couldn't compare myself to those amazingly beautiful women yet, I am pretty confident that I am ready for bikini season - a feeling I have NEVER had! About this time 2 years ago, I was almost 30 lbs. heavier than I am now. The weight loss has been, at times, achieved in an unhealthy way. With the support of my amazing fiance, I am healthier. I have also been blessed to meet an amazing friend - Brandon - who is an amateur body-builder. His guidance in the gym is unbelievable!

For the first time in a very long time, I am happy working out 6-7 days a week! Normally, I am completely humiliated at having anyone other than Steve see me in less than shorts and a tshirt. I still have slight hesitations in having anyone see my progress (in a bikini, no less), but I have been encouraged to take progress pics. So, here they are. At least the love handles have taken a permanent hike! Trust me, you could never be a more harsh critic than I am for myself. Forgive the blurriness .. I suck at using this new camera!
Progress: 2 months

0 comments: