CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm sorry officer, I didn't see that stopsign ahead..

.. I was too busy looking in my rear-view mirror.

I can't even put into words how tremendously frustrating, disappointing and embarrassing it is to take leaps (not steps, but leaps) backwards. It's compounded only by the fact that I had worked for months to begin moving forward. I suppose that's life and that there are just certain things that are far less easy to overcome than others.

With that, life has been intense recently. Rounds of testing for my license are complete, but the task of Physics and Classroom Assessment still loom ahead.. for at least one more month! I am happy to report that I kicked the crap out of Praxis II. I am still waiting for my VCLA scores, but am hopeful.

Wedding planning continues. We are one signed paper and a deposit away from booking the florist, but the biggest things are done - music, catering, venue, photography. Next on the list is officiant and (with luck) save the dates. Eventually that fabulous photog that I booked with FINISH our damn pictures. You think over a month would be enough time..

In other Heidi-related, though somewhat unimportant, news:
- Brian Nichols was convicted on Friday on all 54 counts for which he was charged, including the murder of our family friend, Dave Wilhelm (a coworker of my mom's). Deliberations over enforcing the death penalty will start Monday. I have my own views of capital punishment and I would say that a world where he is found to be ineligible due to mental illness would be an unjust world. My tax dollars have been keeping him alive and comfortable in prison while Candy and Mars suffer a worse punishment on the outside of those prison walls. Somehow, it just isn't right..

- Dad finally found a doctor that could detect the injury in his rotator cuff. He has surgery scheduled for Tuesday and will require about 6-8 weeks to recover. It's entertaining to watch him "practice" driving and eating with the wrong hand. Oh, my Dad...

- Steve shot a gun for the first time last week with Eddie. He's now wildly excited about purchasing his own, which makes the reality of his being in the law enforcement field all that more real. And scary.

- In other good news, training (which I wouldn't exactly call "training" anymore) is going well. With the recent assistance of a medical professional and the second beginnings of curbing a deadly disorder, I am still losing weight, but can really see more definition now. It's odd, but I have some pride buried inside of the disgrace. I'm down to 135 lbs. Thinking about how I was 160 just over 2 years ago brings a small (very small) smile to my face. Hard work continues..

- Danes came into town this weekend and we were able to catch the So You Think You Can Dance show at ODU. Unbelievable talent exists in the world of dancing and I'm so grateful to be a part of that world. I wouldn't trade being a dancer for anything!

0 comments: