CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hello, 2008!

It's hard for me to believe that 2007 has already passed. It's so common to hear that the older you get, the faster time flies. I'm starting to believe that this is true. I blinked, and the year was gone.

I had great resolutions for 2007 - lose weight, manage my life, learn a new language. Thankfully, I succeeded on 2 of these accounts. I lost a bit of weight (and it's still dropping with a healthy lifestyle - much to the delight of Steve) and I have become a bit better at managing my schedule (With thanks to my parents for an excellent birthday present that keeps my life in order. If I lose it, Im screwed!). I started to learn Italian and managed to struggle through a few lessons, but life just gets too busy to keep up with tasks that aren't a requirement.

I've actually been able to complete some non-required reading over the holiday. I started reading Plague Maker by Tim Downs. So far, so good. Mrs. Mulholland gave me a book to read as well. And Mr. M has insisted that I read Guns, Germs & Steel which sounds right up my biology-loving alley.

But I digress.. I haven't thought much about resolutions for 2008, but I want to continue to live a healthy lifestyle. I've done a bit more running recently. Yesterday, I actually ran 2 miles without stopping - a big accomplishment for someone that doesn't do well at running long distances. I'd like to complete the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in September.. we'll see how that goes. I think my biggest resolution will be to strive as best as possible to maintain the relationships that I have now and do whatever I can to help them grow. Recently, I've found out that it takes commitment, dedication and A LOT of patience for relationships to flourish. I really think I've had a hard time accepting people as humans with weaknesses and flaws. I have so many and I harp on them so often that I forget that it's likely unavoidable. We all make mistakes. It's how we deal with the mistakes that either works in favor or in opposition of a strong bond. I want to know how to make the right decisions to maintain the stability in my relationships. I frequently jump to conclusions and rarely give others the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to work on this.

Enough of that..

My New Year's Eve was one of the most enjoyable in a long time. Steve & I had dinner at CPK and saw I Am Legend - an amazingly poignant movie. Will Smith is so amazingly talented. It's so easy to feel lonely for him and forget that he's getting paid millions for his good acting! I highly recommend this movie to absolutely anyone - even if you don't like suspense movies! Another reason I love the holidays so much is because it brings people home. Thomas is in town for the first time in eons and John & Nicole came down for a visit. We toasted the new year with champagne and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia at Brandon's new place (of which I'm completely jealous!) It's so nice to catch up and be reminded why my friends are just that - they are insane and make me laugh so unbelievably hard. It's been a while since we spent any holiday together. Check out one of our visit's from 2003. I think Thomas' personality has never wavered. He's hysterical and clearly loves to assault Steve. In fact, I think he tried to again last night. Yep, he's exactly the same!








From Left: Eric, Thomas, me, Dustin & Steve

Oh memories. Here's to a year of making a few more!

0 comments: