CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I think it's about that time.

I need out of this house. I need out of this house like yesterday. I can't even deal with my father anymore. He gripes at me about not loading a dishwasher correctly, but will he ever put his own shit in there? Mm.. nope!

Since retirement, he sits on his ass (which frequently rotates between couch and computer desk). He frequently instigates conversations with me about random crap while I'm studying, reading or completely uninvolved.

I'm not bitching for myself. I fear for my dad. He eats crap. His sole excuse for not working out with me is that his arm hurts. Last time I checked, it didn't cause any stress on an arm to walk on a treadmill, ride a bike or use an elliptical trainer. If I make a comment about the shit that he eats, he gets upset. How hard is it for a grown man to understand that he's killing himself? I'm sick of caring. I should just let him act as he will and clog his own arteries.

In this regard, I had my first Philosophy of Education class last night. Dr. Myers made a fascinating point regarding intellectual scholars and "Joe Six-Pack" or someone possessing conventional wisdom. Those individuals in the conventional wisdom bracket often feel they are correct on many accounts, yet they often are not. My dad, who doesn't have an education past high school, falls into this bracket. However for me, his daughter, to point out that he is wrong would be a travesty.

Ok, I'm done venting. I just need out of this house - now!

0 comments: