CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I think I'm still experiencing shock!





Uh Christmas.. did that really happen today?

Steve is absolutely unbelievable! I mean this in the best way possible. I didn't foresee getting an expensive gift from him this year.. if anything noteworthy at all. We had been focused - granted, it was a while ago - on saving money for bigger and better things. I had lost hope, recently, that anything would come to fruition at all.

Imagine my surprise...

He came over to exchange gifts with my family, as we have done for forever, this morning. I figured I'd wait to unwrap the gift he had handed me until he was finished with my family's gifts. He assured me that my gift would take a while to figure out. I opened the bag to find a collection of scrabble pieces. It didn't take as long as he would have thought to cipher "The Bahamas" from the pieces. I think I was completely dumbfounded.. Then I thought "Maybe this is where he wants to go this summer with me.."
Oh no.. this vacation is fully booked. I fly out of Norfolk to Nassau in exactly one month. January 25th. Un-freakin-believable! To top it off, he's made reservations for us at ATLANTIS ON PARADISE ISLAND!!!

Of course, as soon as I tell Pam, the first thing out of her mouth is "Well, I guess you'll be coming back on the 29th with a ring." Hm.. could it be? We've had some serious ups and some serious downs and nearly too much time waiting. Could it be?

We'll have to wait to find out!

Enjoy some pictures of this morning's festivities - Mom, Dad, myself, Omah, Uncle Ken & Aunt Cin opening presents!

0 comments: