CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One Thing

I absolutely LOVE that song by Finger Eleven. It was overplayed and overrated when it first debuted on my car's music box, but I love it! It's hard to beat this:

Restless tonight
Cause I wasted the light
Between both these times
I drew a really thin line
It’s nothing I planned
And not that I can
But you should be mine
Across that line

If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn’t that be something

Yesterday was incredibly difficult! I'm lucky to have people around me that care enough to listen and support me rather than attempting to distract me in some way (although, I won't complain about the cookie baking, lunch & shopping trips, homemade spaghetti dinners and joke-time with copious amounts of beer). It's more about sharing something personal, not simply avoiding the white elephant.

Today was an amazing and exhausting day. I hoped that work would prove to be a bit busier - seeing as it is the holidays and I do work in retail - but it wasn't. The people that I work with are absolutely wonderful though and can make the time fly by. It's a very diverse environment with individuals from every conceivable background imaginable, but many of them are so easy to relate to. I love my job some days!

Job #2 of 3 is tomorrow. Whoever scheduled a women's basketball game at 11:00 am in the middle of the week is an absolute moron, but I suppose I can't complain when I'm making money. Speaking of, I'll have to post my pet-sitting schedule for the holiday! I can only say "Good God.". Just you wait..

0 comments: