CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's a Wonderful Life.. most of the time!

I adore my friends. They are completely amazing and wonderfully funny.

Last night was so enjoyable. If you live locally and don't partake in the Italian food @ Bravo, you're ridiculous. So delicious! And if you've never set foot in the Funny Bone, you're also pretty ridiculous. Mark Eddie performed - not so funny as Ralphie May, but a laughable show. The drinks aren't bad either. Get a rubber chicken! You'll be glad you did.

My foot is mostly healed, thank God! My dad surmises it was a stress fracture, which I suppose is likely. I'm still having some problems, but it's such a relief to actually be able to run again. Working my way to the Rock & Roll half marathon in September is hard to do with an injury. I've come out of this one more proud of myself. I hardly ever push myself so hard to resist the pain. I'm usually so weak that it knocks me on my ass and I'm crying "Doctor!" before I get a chance to see what can be done WITHOUT spending money due to my lack of good insurance. Go me! No doctors this time. Just persistence and healing!

To prevent this from quickly evolving into a brag session, I have to digress to something a bit more complex. That subject involves my anger on people and their "convenience" factor. Why is it that you can make yourself so open and available to people that you care about and have nothing come to fruition until the moment that it is convenient for them? I've always believed that any type of relationship involves some sacrifice and compromise. That is, it is often necessary to step outside of your comfort zone and give up something good for something great. I admit, I haven't always done this. I've been the selfish individual on more than one occasion, but I regret those moments and I always try to reconcile by making it up to that person.

I suppose you can only expect so much from people before you're let down one time too many. It becomes hard, then, to just dismiss the relationship at all, especially when there's a history. I should take it as a telling sign that the other person is just not as interested in preserving the relationship when they can't make a commitment to follow through with the simplest of plans. That alone should be enough for me. It still isn't. I hope that someday soon it is, because it's starting to hurt quite a bit.

Fortunately, the physical pain is subsiding.

0 comments: